- 8-13-2020 District Notices:
- 8-10-2020 Due to some technical issues, tonight's Springs Valley School Board Meeting will be live on the Springs Valley Media youtube channel and is not available on the Blackhawk Nation youtube channel. We're sorry for any confusion. Click here to open the Springs Valley Media youtube channel to view tonight's school board meeting.
- 7-30-2020 Click here to view the video instructions explaining what virtual students do to connect virtually to their classes. Please NOTE one change: Google recently added a "Meet" button in Google classroom. So instead of clicking on the link in Google Classroom, students will click on the "Classwork" tab and then on the "Meet" button to join the class.
- 7-28-2020 Click here to view the Springs Valley Elementary Drop-Off & Pick-up Protocols. This can also be found under the Elementary Information in the Parent-Connect tab.
- 7-28-2020 Click here to view the Springs Valley 2020-21 Back to School FAQs. This is a live document that will be updated periodically.
- 7-27-2020 Click here to access the current Springs Valley Back to School Plan. This plan is a live document that may be updated periodically.
- 7-21-2020 As a precautionary measure, starting today summer athletic practices will be limited to fall sports only. This is in effect until August 3. We will reevaluate the situation at that time. Thank you for your understanding!
- 7-18-2020 Registration at school will be available July 20-24 by appointment only. Contact the HS or Elementary offices from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday (July 20), Tuesday (July 21), Thursday (July 23) and Friday (July 24). Wednesday (July 22) the offices are available from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for appointments. We encourage all parents/guardians to utilize online registration from home. Please note that course fees for textbooks, workbooks, and Chromebooks will be billed later this fall. Click the following link for more information about online registration. rmd.me/KR7H78V2Y5Q
- 7-6-2020 Online school registration opens July 6, 2020.
- Primary Guardians can click on the Skyward link below, login to their parental Skyward account, and begin registering their children for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Registration at school will be available July 20-24 by appointment only by contacting the HS or Elementary offices during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday (July 20), Tuesday (July 21), Thursday (July 23) and Friday (July 24). Wednesday (July 22) the offices are available from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for appointments.
- However, we are highly encouraging all parents/guardians to utilize the online registration from home.
- Please note that course fees for textbooks, workbooks, and Chromebooks will be billed later this fall.
- Click here for quick instructions and additional information about online registration.
- 6-22-2020 Click here for the link to Hoosier Uplands' 20-21 Springs Valley After School Enrollment Form.
- 6-20-2020 Click here for a message from Springs Valley's school superintendent regarding the start of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Bus Safety Rules
Bus Safety Rules
The Following bus conduct and safety rules are designed to promote safety on the school at all times. The safety of students is our top priority. There, each student is expected to cooperate fully with the following rules and safety guidelines.
Riding a bus is a privilege. Whenever a student violates any of the following rules, he/she may have bus- riding privileges suspended for a period of time as deemed appropriate for the offense. Whenever a student seriously interferes with the safety of other students or seriously interferes with the driver being able to drive, bus- riding privileges could be permanently suspended for a given school year.
The school bus drivers shall keep order and maintain discipline on the bus. To assist the drivers in this responsibility, drivers have the authority to assign seats to students and deny students bus- riding privileges for one day. When more serious problems exist, bus drivers will refer students to the appropriate building principal or transportation director.
Bus drivers are expected to come to a complete stop at each student’s pickup point. However, if after coming to a complete stop, the student(s) are nowhere in sight, the driver is not obligated to wait any prescribed length of time.
Following are rules of conduct which students are expected to follow regarding bus service:
- When student enter or leave a school bus to cross the road, they shall cross in front of the bus as directed by the driver.
- Students are to seat themselves immediately when boarding the bus, and they are to stay seated during the trip
- Students are not to occupy the space forward of the yellow line located on the floor behind the driver’s seat.
- Students are to speak in low tones and use no profane or vulgar language.
- Students are not to push, shove scuffle, hit, or be involved in horseplay.
- Throwing objects inside or outside of the bus is forbidden.
- Bus drivers will grant permission to open and close windows and emergency doors.
- Students are to keep head, hair, hands, feet, and all belongings inside the bus.
- The use or possession of tobacco products, matches, cigarette lighters is forbidden.
- Possession or use of fireworks or other explosive devices is prohibited.
- Possession of a knife, gun, or other weapon is prohibited.
- The use or possession of any illegal or controlled substance is prohibited.
- Buses will stop at authorized stops only. Elementary students wanting off at a different stop must have written permission.
- Students are to treat seats, equipment and others’ property with respect. Students who intentionally damage others’ property will be expected to pay for the same.
- Drivers may request that students not drink, eat, or chew gum on the bus.
- Students are expected to comply with requests of bus drivers regarding these rules and in emergency situations.
- Students are expected to show bus drivers the same respect as given to any other school personnel.